Friday, September 03, 2004

Tagore's POEM!

In one of the training programmes that I attended a few months ago, the instructor spoke like a true Bengali and read out this poem and said it inspired him no end! I love it too! :)

Where the Mind is Without Fear

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection:
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is lead forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action--Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Wow! I wanna write something like this too...some day in life! And...no, I am not targeting the Nobel Prize for Literature! Don't these things make you feel that you've to have inborn talent for many a thing - Not everything can be learned. Life gives you a set of things/situations/people et al and the way you react/respond to it defines what you become!

No comments: