Sunday, August 17, 2008

Music as a tool for Nostalgia...

I am back. A week of unplanned silence sometimes seems like a whole month of silence for a blogging freak like me. ;-) I have nothing profound to report or muse about. But I thought I'd just make a quick connection and resume my blogging frequency. I have a small tidbit related to music and friends that I should probably share. It is a coincidence that it comes just after the friendship day binge in the first week of August. There was a time (last year) when I was in the middle of a transition and utterly jobless as a result of which I indulged in considering all sorts of unusual ideas. One of the ideas I had that was easy to implement was to create a special playlist on my iPod. I went down memory lane as much as I could and added songs (to a playlist I called Nostalgia) that reminded me of all my friends and relatives in a chronological order. Some songs were to do with not just one person but experiences like school events/class tours etc. (These are songs my friends/relatives like, songs from movies we watched together, or songs that in some small or big way reminds me of them) I ended up with quite a lengthy playlist and was quite excited about it. But I knew listening to it immediately would not really have an impact on me as I had just wound up an exhaustive trip down memory lane. After almost a year, I listened to the songs yesterday night and it was an awesome experience. It almost felt like I had a face to face meeting with almost every character that I associated the songs with in my playlist! Nostalgia indeed! :-) I recommend it for all of those who would love to re-live some moments with their friends and relatives....

4 comments:

Jackfruit said...

hmmm... I get the taste of food at my school mess when I hear one particular song :D:D

Nimmy said...

:-) Hey Ajeesh....Yes indeed....music need not serve as a tool to just remember people....eh?!!

Rakesh said...

..parts of experience can indeed act as pointers to the wholesome experience. Can sometimes even add up to a bigger whole with the value addition due to passage of time.

Nimmy said...

Rakesh: Hmmm! In fact, I was thinking that it would be interesting to add a song that reflects what I want my future to be like, at the end of the playlist!! :-)