Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Introspection

Try this if you want to get one step closer to understanding yourself better…

Describe yourself by completing these sentences…(this is something that I thought of ….if you’ve got more sentences that can be added to the list, please feel free to suggest. I (and many others, I think) want to go further into this introspective journey…)

I certainly am

my list - creative, original, enthusiastic, thoughtful, imaginative, intrinsically motivated, genuine, perseverant, versatile, optimistic, kind, forgiving,

I sometimes am

my list - emotional, undecided, angry, unconventional, wacky, weird, indifferent, subjected to irritation/hatred, brave, impulsive, humorous, a poor listener

I am never

my list - vindictive/cruel, revengeful, completely dependant on others (at work),

I want to be

my list - wiser, more level-headed, stoic, more humorous, more understanding, a globe-trotter, braver, calmer, more tolerant, a better orator,

To be continued…(I’ll keep adding to this list as and when I discover more…)

So, what do we do with this? Once you’ve identified what kind of a person you are, decide what you want to retain/get rid of/improve/adopt. Work on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th categories. Simple, ain’t it? What is it that makes you unique? Think about it. It’s worth your time. It may lead you to your real purpose in life!


I am already thinking of adding - "I love...", "I hate..." etc to this list...

No comments: