Thursday, January 31, 2008

Try This...

The ability to live in the present, right now, in the instant, is a spiritual power, reflecting the awakening of the soul and requiring a sub-conscious control of the mind. The mind lives in the past, and the mind tries to live in the future. But when you quiet your mind, you live in the present. You are living within your soul, or the higher state of your mind which is undisturbed by the things of time. The simple formula for attaining the eternal now, is affirming to yourself "I am alright, right now", "Just this instant, I am alright". Let this feelingpermeate deeply in the mind, it be a shock to the disturbed part of your mind, it will not only be shocked, it will be shattered out of its disturbance when you declare the truth that you are all right in the eternal now. This abidance in the eternal now, lifts you to a higher state of consciousness above fears, worries and doubts . - H.H. Sri Sivaya Subramuniaswami

This is quite what Eckhart Tolle advocates in the "The Power of Now"

6 comments:

Bill Field said...

I needed this affirmational information, RIGHT NOW, hmmm more than just ironic- perhaps, just a really great example of "just in time" real-life tutorials that is perfectly self-explanitory.

Thanks as usual, Nimmy!

Nimmy said...

Wow! If something I put up randomly on my blog (because of where my own attention takes me) turns out to be just what someone needs, I cannot be happier! :))

Bill Field said...

I am Attention Defecit, and have taken Adderall for the better part of a decade, and I have built a "tool kit" for dealing with the informational/memory issues, and this post is ripe with affirming a focal point for staying in the present tense in stress oriented situations, where a default to an unorganized, "lost" sense can rule the concious mind.
Nimmy, you never can be sure where answers can appear, I look for them everywhere- I think our "missions" are similar, so that alikeness joins a mutual need or affinity to that mindset. Thanks! It really makes a difference in my life to find this kind of help and knowledge, Nimmy- I really appreciate it!

Nimmy said...

:) It feels soooo good to read your response, Bill!

"You can never be sure where answers can appear. I look for them everywhere". Absolutely!!! I am completely with you!! :)

Take care
Nimmy :)

chuck54 said...

Your blog has given me a glimmer of hope.It's just what hit me in the face.Thank you. Monty.

Nimmy said...

Hey Monty!
Glad to have been of assistance! God bless! Take care...
Nimmy :)