Monday, April 27, 2009

No Ideas or Too Many Ideas?

I am going through a strange phase right now. I seem to have tons of thoughts and ideas on what to post about on this blog but I don’t seem to be able to sit down and convert them into full-fledged and satisfactory posts. Not writer’s block. Some other block. Don’t know what. End result. I have a whole bunch of small bits and pieces of papers and post-it-notes lying around in my room and at office…with topics and thoughts I need to ponder over. The brain, meanwhile, stoutly refuses to put up with all the stress. Says it can’t have too many unfinished ideas floating around. Let me see what I can do about that. Just praying that the brain lasts till such time I figure out what thoughts to discard, what to keep and convert into something sensible and so on. Like it so often happens, when you have too many things to talk about, you are so confused that you give up and go back to a repetitive thing that you are most comfortable with, at the risk of appearing like a person who can speak of nothing else. So, here come the one and only awesome 6-year-old boy and stuffed Tiger pair, Calvin and Hobbes, again!

ch090427

Check out the third box. Sounds like a KM paradox, don’t you think? How can Calvin become a Tiger is the question. Hobbes rightly says that’s instinct and can’t be taught. Calvin says he’ll look up the Encyclopedia (replace that with Wikipedia or what-not). So, will that solve Calvin’s problem? It will make him more knowledgeable about Tigers but it will not make him a Tiger! What? Calvin will always be Calvin and Hobbes will always be Hobbes. Like I said, I just have too many thoughts running around in my head right now. So, I don’t think I have what it takes to calm down and drill into this thing till I see some light at the end of the tunnel. But it’s intriguing and thought-provoking and calls out for some intuitive thinking or perhaps just plain analytical thinking. Good enough for KMers to lose their sleep over it, actually. Think about a parallel in your organization and you’ll know what I mean. Maybe, I’ll manage to clear the mist in my brain and come back to expand on this theme. If you happen to have any bright ideas, be my guest!

Pic Source: gocomics.com

4 comments:

InConvincible said...

Hello Nimmy !

Vey true, sometimes i feel that people around are so interesting, so specific to write, and what i have.
And i've done psycho things on my blog in those times :)

However, for me , usually it has been like when i got something to post on, it was not in the mist of my brain, but something very new !

Take Care ! and keep Writing ! :)

Yayaver said...

@nimmy,Too many idea is really having no idea.For recapturing your creativeness, follow some tricks: 1-read your older post ,it will help you in re discovering your strength 2-play nonsense game of uttering these words--Millions of mad, muddled, merry, mischievous, mesmerized, mean, marvellous, and menacing monkeys on a mission from Mesopotamia.(this one is from your blog only)

You will surely get evolution pattern of your thoughts by doing first trick and will get superb idea or choas of 2nd will clear mist of your brain...

enjoy life...

Nimmy said...

:-) LoL! Thanks for the comments, R.K and Yayaver!

Yayaver: Millions of mad monkeys indeed! Thanks for reminding me of that profound mission of mine. Must now follow it! :-)) He he.

bnihal.com said...

what a Idea Sir Jee........