Friday, April 17, 2009

Hobbes is my Virtual Guru...!


And on another day...

Calvin: "The world is a complicated place, Hobbes."
Hobbes: "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner."

Hobbes...will you please be my Guru?

In other recent news, a biker honked like his life depended on it earlier this morning, when I was on my way to office. It was deafening. I hate noises (anything above a certain decibel level) so much that I almost forgot that it was Friday for some time and lost my cool. Anyone heard of any occupation on the lines of horn-testing? Maybe the poor soul is a horn-tester! Maybe he was born to honk! Maybe his purpose in life is to honk! It takes all sorts of people to make the world, as we all know. Unable to get it off my mind, I tweeted about it and two nice people compensated for my temporary loss of hearing. Thanks to @PriyaRaju and @peerlessdeepak. While the former suggested that I forget the world's probably best honker and move on with the TGIF mood, the latter brought to my notice that it would be fun to just observe and smile. I know. Maybe I should also try plugging my ears once in a while to avoid physical damages?

PS: Comic strip courtesy - gocomics.com

5 comments:

Yayaver said...

we pursue for power, money and comforts still dream for happiness. Human have most paradox way of living life.

@nimmy,wonderful post.everyone loves calvin & hobbes.They are marvellous.

Nimmy said...

Interesting point you make, Yayaver. We pursue XYZ but crave for ABC....Ummm...a paradox like many other things in life! :-)) You said it...C&H is marvelous...! rocking! awesome! fantabulous! and more...!

Sidharth said...

Awesome blog Nimmy.. i liked both your blog as well as ur profile a lot...

Keep posting !!!

SidFx
http://www.apnahomepage.in
Making Indian Weblife a comfortable journey...

Sidharth said...

n yep plz do approve my earlier comment... thnx...

Nimmy said...

Hello Sidharth!
Welcome here and thanks a ton for the comment. Kind of you, I say! :-) Hope to continue to be inspired enough to post 'nice' things at least once or twice a week....! Um. So, yes....Thanks again...!
Nimmy