We talk about 10 good things, top 10 things, 10 things to do, etc. Why not approach a favorite question of mine from the opposite angle? Here’s my ‘reverse’ question - What are the top 10 things that prevent a person from being called a good human being? In other words, what are the top 10 things one should not do if one wants to be *considered* to be a good human being? The list below is not necessarily in any particular order and is just a spontaneous list…
1. Create loads of problems for others intentionally and make their life wretched.
2. Be jealous of others
3. Protect oneself at the cost of others. Think ‘win-lose’ all the time.
4. Not stand by what is right (be indifferent to the truth)
5. Develop hatred towards others
6. Withhold information from fellow-men that may be essential to the latter
7. Take/Accept credit for others’ work.
8. Spread rumors about others
9. Manipulate and make ‘use’ of people to further one’s own needs!
10. Pour cold water over others’ plans and ambitions by discouraging/scaring them despite not being eligible to lend advice.
This may be a sort of 'kiddish' list I guess.... :-) Have you got a better one?