Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Creativity - A Perspective

Another confession coming your way! I enjoy creating power point slides (as long as no one’s dictating and forcing me to follow the ‘rules’) though I don’t like being subjected to boring presentations that have overflowing text and/or statistics. ;) I love presentations that go easy on the text but sport a lot of cute pictures and punch lines etc. I like to see every power point slide as a plain white sheet of paper that I can use to express myself. Given a topic, I enjoy using slides to think of the flow of information, use of metaphors, interesting visual content, and quotes that go with the contents of each slide etc. Ahem. I heard you….and will move on to talk about something worthwhile. This post isn’t about my love for particular types of presentations……so, instead of waxing eloquent about my likes and dislikes, I will go straight down into the reason for this post. I am participating in the World’s Best Presentation contest. It’s been a long time since I first planned to write something on creativity – a full-blown paper or article or presentation that could be used to pass on my perspective of creativity to anyone interested. I finally got down to it, loved working on it and finally decided to share it on slideshare.net. Here it is. Let me know what you think. And errrr, as I am submitting it to the contest, if you happen to like the presentation, you could give it a “Thumbs up” vote. What? :)

PS: The presentation is embedded at the bottom of this page

No comments: