Monday, May 22, 2006

What it takes to be a good team player...

What does it take to be a good team player?
I'd imagine that the following qualities make a person a great team player...



- Showing genuine respect for other team-members


- Knowing when to step back and let others take charge



- Knowing when to contribute and lead



- Knowing when to work together with others and put all ideas together



- Knowing when others are looking for support and providing the same



- Not taking credit for others' work



- Giving credit to others for their contributions to your role



- Not letting team members down in front of others



- Being enthusiastic and optimistic and rubbing it off on others



Got anything to add to this list??? :)

1 comment:

ElizaG said...

Umm I'm racking my brain for another one..I think youve said all the main ones for sure. Umm..cooperating with your other team members and not taking over everything, or sitting back and letting others do all the work? (Sorry, I know youve already basically said that)
Anyways! Im trying to get around to as many Indian bloggers as I can, asking for their help so I'll stop there- I'm an Australian Indian doing a major work where I need heaps of surveys filled out, which is really hard for me considering I don't know many Indians living in India. So it would be really awesome if you had the time to visit my online survey and fill it out. Heres the site--

http://www.my3q.com/home2/107/elizag/50097.phtml

Thanks heaps!