Sunday, November 07, 2004

Thoughts that touched my lungs (!?)... :)

Trying my best to keep myself up and about...the weather is playing spoil-sport and my lungs aren't taking in enough oxygen. But these words that I came across today are filling in for the O2....

Just finished reading this book called 'From Copernicus to Einstein' by Hans Reichenbach and loved what he says in the last chapter - He actually quotes Schopenhauer
"Truth is allowed only a brief interval of victory between the two long periods when it is condemned as paradox or belittled as trivial". I feel dazed (got nothing to do with my current state of health). There were many things in the book that my mind did not grasp but fortunately I managed to learn at least a few things. ;)

Another thing I just glanced through just now is an interview with Major Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, 'the only Indian to bring home a silver medal from the Athens Olympics' (shooting category) in today's newspaper. He recalls 2 things that have helped him - what Keanu Reeves says in The Matrix - "Life is all about choices. You make a choice and open a door". (This, he recalls when asked about the matrix of winning) and another from an American psychologist who apparently wrote to Rathore when he was upset about something and said "Situations have a way of changing. Don't expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it's your first step to success"

No comments: