In the context of change management, you need to, in today's complex and chaotic organizations, do all or most of the following once you take the horse to the water (which by itself may be a herculean task of perseverance, creativity, patience and flexibility). You need to arrange for....
1. ...other enthusiastic horses to appear at around the same time and drink the water (whether casually or dramatically is debatable)
2. ...these early-adopter horses to neigh in satisfaction once they drink the water and present their experience
3. ...some leader horses to hover around and appreciate the horses drinking the water
4. ...some yummy free fodder at the exit of the water source
5. ...a short yet convincing video to be played on how to drink the water
6. ...a pleasant and low-stress environment and ambiance around the water source
7. ...and, of course, clean, hygienic and healthy water ;-)
Feel free to add to the list from your own change management experiences.