Friday, December 10, 2004

Creativity-Myths

Catchin' up with the latest post on Crossroads Dispatches by Evelyn Rodriguez. (Thanks to Gautam again! :) I jumped into Evelyn's Blog from Gautam's Blog).

I hopped on to an article that Evelyn refers to on Fast Company -
The 6 Myths Of Creativity and heard a loud bell ringing in my head. The article reflects exhaustive research that helped the author conclude that creativity doesn't come only from the 'creative types', it isn't money that makes people creative, neither is it time-pressure or fear that gets the creative juices flowing, and finally, the last two points - it isn't competition or a streamlined organization that promotes creativity. I agree with almost all the points except one - sometimes, even negative emotions like sadness do result in creativity - ask the poets!.

But anyways, that's not what I want to highlight here - what I want to talk about is the loud bell that I heard when I read about the creativity myth - Competition Beats Collaboration! - Here's what I'd blogged some time ago on this very topic....!


No comments: