Monday, December 08, 2008

NonZenZzzz

I think....my blogging frequency has, perhaps, taken a beating primarily because of my increased activity on twitter. If twitter lets me get everything off my head and share links with fellow tweeple in a jiffy, I am not going to spend a lot of time thinking about writing multiple pages on the same topic, on my blog. Will I? Unless I am not very occupied at work and/or the topic demands a lot more energy from me.

On the positive side, this means that my meaningless statements remain just that - short statements - on twitter. Statements not more than 140 characters in length. They don't get transformed into meaningless and endless posts. So, while my twitter friends have to go through the agony of reading the statements, the blog-friends (who don't follow me on twitter. clever folks, these. the others happen to be clever but suicidal) live in the bliss of ignorance. This, I realize, may improve the overall reputation of my blog (Ha! I find that so funny), for most of my impulsive remarks are going to go to twitter alone. Provided I am not so bored that I have another impulsive urge to elaborate on them in the blog. (which is what I am doing now) Provided I show my brighter side on the blog. (which is what I am not doing now.) I know. I am elaborating on nothing in particular. And there's nothing bright about this post except that it will soon be over.

Actually, you know what? I think I know what is happening. I may be using blogspot's shoulder to shoot at twitter. Bullets though are made of feather. Meant to just tickle the damn tool. My way of telling twitter that it can't prevent me from expressing my character in more than 140 characters or even 140 words as long as I am on my blog.

I am almost done. It'll be over soon. It's just that I want to follow all my thoughtful posts with thoughtless ones and vice versa. I find it amusing to oscillate between thoughtfulness and thoughtlessness. It's like playing the swing and covering the entire path rather than staying only on top and risking a fall or continuously dragging one's feet across the ground. Take both the heady highs and the down-to-earth lows, if you ask me. The highs let me see the whole and dream of conquering life while the lows let me see life as it happens....and come face to face with it. Wipe off your tears now. I am quite done. I did contemplate keeping this post in the drafts folder forever and protecting myself from your wrath but I guess I am too sleepy to think so much. I promise to write the next post when I am fully awake. As I get ready to click the 'Publish Post' button, I have a vague feeling that I am doing something akin to jumping off a tall building. Please spread the net....

PS: A blog-friend had earlier commented on one of my posts tagged as Nonsense and encouraged me as he saw a flavour of Zen in Nonsense. I thank him for the inspiration. I just realized it would be excellent to combine my sleepy mood, zen and nonsense into one word for the title.

11 comments:

Yayaver said...

i do not get any meaning from this post.Is it a introspecting article?

Prashant Sree said...

Haha !! I assume its more like others being made to jump off a tall building. ;)

I think you could have included the label "No-n-sense" for this post too :)

Nimmy said...

Yayavar,

I must apologize for this. Ignore it. Totally. I'll write something sane in my next post! This isn't an 'introspection'. It is more of a sleepy post. :-D LoL.

Prashant: Well said! Wah Wah! What you say makes complete sense!! :-D LoL.

Shivani said...

I like it when u talk crazy stuffs like that! i want more nonzenzzz!! lol! :D

Nimmy said...

Shivani!! Are you sure you aren't drugged, drunk and/or sleepy? :-D
Well, I am almost sure you are...d, d and s!

Jokes aside (what hopes!)...you made my day! I can get quite mad (happy-mad...not sad-mad) when I find people who get along and enjoy the 'silly'ness and the nonzenzzz that I indulge in. Three cheers! Keep laughing! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunil Thekkedath said...

Its ok, a spark of a word in one article is enoughs such as " live in the bliss of ignorance". Probably cosimic management would match you more, than the stupid contemperoray buisiness management ( take it easy. Take zen, " Rumi" etc will give you more insight ( if you are not yet familiar with those)
Keep writing until you feel to stop! Ha ha ha

Nimmy said...

Hey Sunil....good to see you here again~! :-) I do have a book on zen...must read it now and then....wonder what is in store in terms of moving away from the contemporary 'stupid' business management and into something more spiritual....let's see... :-))

Sunil Thekkedath said...

Stop thinking, and end your problems.
What difference between yes and no?
What difference between success and failure?
Must you value what others value,
avoid what others avoid?
How ridiculous!

Other people are excited,
as though they were at a parade.
I alone don't care,
I alone am expressionless,
like an infant before it can smile.

Other people have what they need;
I alone possess nothing.
I alone drift about,
like someone without a home.
I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

Other people are bright;
I alone am dark.
Other people are sharper;
I alone am dull.
Other people have a purpose;
I alone don't know.
I drift like a wave on the ocean,
I blow as aimless as the wind.

I am different from ordinary people.
I drink from the Great Mother's breasts

Nimmy said...

Wow...nice poem, Sunil! Are you the poet?? Like it a lot! :-))

Especially loved these lines:

Must you value what others value,
avoid what others avoid?
How ridiculous!

and

I drift like a wave on the ocean,
I blow as aimless as the wind.

Thanks so much for sharing it here...! :)

Sunil Thekkedath said...

Iam the 'Poetry' NOT the 'Poet'