Thursday, February 08, 2007

Right or Wrong?

As I was busy trying to concentrate on the article that I was reading, I heard someone asking for help with her iPOD. Actually, her sister's iPOD. She wanted to charge it using her PC. She seemed to be checking with many people in her team and she was doing it loudly enough for me to hear it. Then, she got on the phone and started asking the person on the other side for help but did not seem to be getting anywhere. I turned and looked around to find who it was and decided to go over and help her even though I don't know her.

While I was waiting for her to finish her call, I heard her saying "The last time I used an iPOD on my PC at home, something went wrong with the PC because I did not know how to do it. I don't want to do it here without knowing how to do it. It's okay if something happens to the company's PC but I don't want anything to happen to my iPOD."

I changed my mind and turned back to the article. It just did not sound right, whatever the reason might be.

3 comments:

Vinod said...

U r no diff from others.....sorry dont take it in wrong sense - Whats the use if U THOUGHT THAT THINKING OF UR COLLEAGUE IS WRONG. If i wer in ur position I wud hav stil gone & helped her, once the ipod is working (s)he will be friendly to u. @ tat point I will make clear to them - tat ur attitude towards PUBLIC prop is wrong !!!

Nimmy said...

Good point indeed. Something to think about. And no, I appreciate your frank response. No worries. :)

I have to admit that my behaviour was impulsive and dictated by my emotions and the fact that I would not have felt comfortable talking to a person whose attitude did not seem right. And, in retrospect, it may have also had something to do with the fact that I did not want to be seen helping a person with such an attitude!!!

Nimmy said...

Good point indeed. Something to think about. And no, I appreciate your frank response. No worries. :)

I have to admit that my behaviour was impulsive and dictated by my emotions and the fact that I would not have felt comfortable talking to a person whose attitude did not seem right. And, in retrospect, it may have also had something to do with the fact that I did not want to be seen helping a person with such an attitude!!!