Monday, June 27, 2005

Opportunity "in the middle of" traffic jams

The traffic jams in Bangalore are terrible no doubt. I find myself spending a lot of time in the bus to EC both in the mornings as well as in the evenings. There were a lot of people pointing it (the darker side of things) out to me when I moved from Madiwala to EC, not pausing to think that I may perhaps know that I have to travel to EC and not to Madiwala! ;)

But I am beginning to see the positive side – the opportunity – in the middle of the difficulty. In the mornings, it has given me more time to say my prayers, reflect on what I want to do (short-term and long-term), read books and maybe simply gaze at the skies. In the evenings, it has given me time to talk to friends who I am not able to chat with during office hours and also just relax and grab a snack before dinner. Einstein certainly knew what he was talking about when he said, “in the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity”.

No comments: